Friends of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve believes that ethical behavior fosters the development and growth of fundraising and enhances philanthropy and volunteerism. The Staff and Board of Friends of Ebey’s recognize the values of honesty, integrity, transparency and confidentiality to generate philanthropic support. We uphold these core values, they represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
PUBLIC TRUST, TRANSPARENCY & CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- not engage in activities that conflict with their fiduciary, ethical and legal obligations to Friends of Ebey’s.
- disclose all potential and actual conflicts of interest.
- not exploit any relationship with a donor, prospect, volunteer or employee.
- present our mission honestly.
- protect the confidentiality of all privileged information relating to donor relationships.
- ensure that all solicitation and communication materials are accurate and correctly reflect Friends of Ebey’s mission and use of solicited funds.
- ensure that donors receive donation acknowledgements.
- ensure that contributions are used in accordance with donors’ intentions, including respecting restrictions on donors’ gifts.
- obtain explicit consent by donors before altering the conditions of financial transactions.
- honor donors’ requests to remain anonymous.
- not disclose privileged or confidential information.
- adhere to the principle that all donor and prospect information created by, or on behalf of Friends of Ebey’s is only the property of Friends of Ebey’s.
- not sell or rent donor information to any other organizations.
- when stating fundraising results, use accurate and consistent accounting methods.